Thursday, 4 March 2010

The Road To Quantum Field Theory: Updated Post List

Once again, I'm posting an index, essentially, of the posts in the `Road to QFT' series, so far. The previous list was here, but I'll reproduce all of the links in this post too.

Pre-Series Posts
These were posts on related topics (special relativity, quantum mechanics and particle physics)
The `Road To Quantum Field Theory' Series
Posts in the `Road to QFT' series, in chronological order.
Out-of-Series Posts
Posts on related topics which were not intended as part of the `Road to QFT' series, but may be of interest anyway.
Roadmap
As before, I'll post a rough list of things still to be covered. By comparing the previous roadmap to the most recent two posts, you'll notice I've done things slightly out of the order I mentioned there, so this is really a very approximate guide.
  • Relativistic QM: The Klein-Gordon Equation & Spin-Zero Particles
  • Relativistic QM 2: The Dirac Equation & Spin-Half Particles
  • Quantum Electrodynamics (QED)
  • Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD)
  • SU(2) and Electroweak Unification
  • Quark Flavour Mixing
  • Spontaneous Symmetry Breaking and the Higgs Mechanism
  • Beyond the Standard Model: Neutrino Mass Terms & Neutrino Mixing
This is still a very ambitious set of things to cover. In particular, the posts so far have only brushed the surface, providing the background needed to understand relativistic quantum mechanics and gauge theories. The real work is yet to come! Note also that I am not a theorist, so my coverage of some of the more advanced topics may be less than completely thorough! I've added sections on quark flavour mixing and neutrino masses & mixing to the roadmap since they are of particular interest to me.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment